New Educator Institute
Join the Indiana IEP Resource Center, the Indiana Chapter of the Council for Exceptional Children (IN-CEC), and the Indiana Department of Education: Office of Special Education for our second New Educator Institute. Individuals pursuing a degree in the field of education and educational professionals with one to three years of experience are encouraged to participate.
This series is designed to provide information on what new educators need to know about special education law and processes and instructional best practices for the inclusive classroom. Educators will gain knowledge and practical strategies to comply with regulations, engage learners, and promote positive student behavior.
- Teaching Behavior: Managing Classrooms Through Effective Instruction
- Teacher and Student Behaviors: Keys to Success in Classroom Instruction
- COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES FOR SUCCESSFUL CO-TEACHING (QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE)
- CO-TEACHING ESSENTIALS (QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE)
- ENGAGING STUDENTS IN EVERY CLASSROOM (QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE)
In addition, email addresses for presenters of our first session can be found below:
Judy Harrison JHarrison@exceptionalchildren.org
Kevin Jacobs firstname.lastname@example.org
Alex Garvey email@example.com
Amy Hobbs firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Tara Rinehart email@example.com
If you were unable to view the entire session or would like to review the session, the recording can be accessed below: